04 February 2011

Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy audio book performed by Rupert Degas

Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy is about a girl named Stephanie Edgley who at the age of 12 inherits her late Uncle Gordon Edgley's estate-- making her a VERY rich girl once she turns 18, anyway. Since Stephanie inherits Gordon's estate, she also inherits the weirdness he lived with. She first meets her uncle's strange friend, Skulduggery Pleasant, at the repast of his funeral. She learns a little more about him at the reading of Gordon's will. Her life become entwined with his when he saves her life. . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, I KNOW I'm not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but look at that book. No way in the world should that cover lead to a book I actually like! I mean really. It has a skeleton throwing fire. I don't like fire and skeletons make me freak. However, once I learned this book takes place in Ireland (I want to go there so bad) and heard Rupert Degas perform the story, I was hooked. I'm still finishing this one and I really can't wait for the next one. Too bad I have other things I need to read for work first. . .


Love and Happy Reading,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love finding another fan of this series. Isn't it utterly sublime?? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...