11 February 2011

Cloaked in Red by Vivian Vande Velde

Cloaked in Red by Vivian Vande Velde takes the story of Little Red Riding Hood and spins it 8 different ways. Picking this book of the shelf at the library, I was immediately intrigued. Little Red Riding Hood had always been one of my favorite Fairy Tales and I was looking forward to Vivian Vande Velde's interpretation. Unfortunately, this book let a LOT to be desired for me. Maybe I'm too much of a traditionalist, but I didn't like the interpretations Vande Velde used.  I struggled through finishing this short book and I can say I thoroughly enjoyed the introduction chapter much more that the actual book.

I was surprised by my dislike in this book because I love Vivian Vande Velde and her book, Heir Apparent. This one, Cloaked in Red left me wanting and disappointed. However, they maybe some out there who enjoy her possible takes on Little Red Riding Hood.



I can only give this book 1 dragonfly.
I read the book and forced myself to finish it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...