16 January 2011

My Favorite Tear Jerkers and Why I Cried. . .

A friend of mine asked me which book make/made me cry. I stopped to think for awhile and realized a LOT of books make me cry. Here is a list of a few of my favorite Tear Jerkers and why they made me cry.


The book that made me cry more than any other is Th1rteen R3asons Why by Jay Asher. The reason I cried so much is actually really simple. When I has just started my sophomore year at University, a really good friend of mine committed suicide. My relationship with Kyle was very similar to Clay's relationship to Hannah. I remember desperately wanting answers to why Kyle had committed suicide and reading Th1rteen R3asons Why kind of gave me the answers I wanted, even though what Hannah had gone through probably wasn't the same as what Kyle dealt with. That book gave me a sense of closure.

Another book that made me cry was Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. I really fell in love with Stargirl's character, but I hated the way the kids at Mesa High treated her. I cried when she left Arizona, and I bawled like a baby when I read about what the school has done since Stargirl left. I love that book!

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling caused me to burst into tears with the death of Cedric Diggory. That was a horrible scene for me because I realized not even children were safe from J.K. Rowling's deadly pen. I was fine with adults being murdered by sadistic wizards, but a teenager was too horrible for me to imagine. (I just have to remember all the Avada Kadavra curse does is turn boys into sparkly vampires and I'm okay.)

Forever in Blue: the Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood  by Ann Brashares had me crying and all I have to say is all four girls in Greece and Lena's sister's huge mistake. . . The whole series had tear worthy moments for me, but none as much as book 4.

I know there are more books that have caused me to wipe out a tissue box, but I can't think of them right now.

So, what books have caused you to go running for the tissue box? I would love to know. :O) Happy reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thirteen Reasons Why is by far one of my favorite teen books! It holds such a strong message and the plot has elements of suspense. Great choice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...