30 December 2010

Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin

"The history of our family and our people affects who we are in the present." --Mallory, pg.42
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mallory Tolliver is NOT really Mrs. Tolliver's daughter, she's not even human. She has been sent by the Faerie Queen to break Phoebe Rothschild down until she has no self-esteem and believes she is nothing but ordinary, even though she comes from a very EXTRAordinary family.
Phoebe Rothschild is the daughter of Catherine Rothschild and Drew Vale. Catherine is the descendent of Mayer Rothschild who's 5 sons became big names in the European financial markets in the 19th century. According to Faerie legend, Mayer made a bargin with the Faerie Queen, if she would make his 5 sons extraordinary, in turn the family would give the Faerie Queen an ORDINARY daughter. Unfortunately for Phoebe, before she came along, there had never been an ORDINARY Rothschild daughter. It's up to Phoebe to figure out if she's ordinary or Extraordinary to prevent the Faerie Queens will to destroy her. . .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't know how Nancy Werlin does it, but she finds a way to captivate me and writes little "one-liners" that I have to jot down so I can remember them for always. Another thing Nancy Werlin does it she takes a fantastical story and mixes it with history. She did this before with Impossible: a Novel and she does it now with Extraordinary. Each time I have picked up a Nancy Werlin novel I have been transported to whatever world she has desired I go. While it took me a little longer to get into this particular book than it did with Impossible, I still really enjoyed it and would pick up any other book Werlin writes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've heard it said, that people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn.And we are led to those who help us most to grow, if we let them, and we help them in return. . . But because I knew you, I have been changed FOR GOOD " Wicked: A New Musical song For Good

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...