17 November 2009

Books that Have Changed Your Life. . . I want to Hear from You.

Okay, my faithful followers and newcomers to my part of the world, I have a question for you and I hope you will answer me back. I want to know some of the books that have changed your life, or have helped shape you into the man or woman you are today (or are hoping to become). These books can be anything from a picture book to a novel like War and Peace (you're amazing if you've read that!).
You don't have to blog about the book(s), just leave a comment on the page and we'll see where this goes.

One book that has changed my life is Jay Asher's Th1rteen R3asons Why. As a person who was very much in Clay's shoes at one time, I found great comfort in the novel and a slight understanding of what "my Hannah" (who was a boy) may have gone through. The book also helped me realize that sometimes, it's not just one thing that causes someone to snap, but a slow progression of events or attitudes that can bury someone.

Well, that's one of mine. Let me hear yours.

5 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I will have to think about my answer but the book you mention, Thirteen Reasons Why reminded me it is on my shelf. I really need to read it....

Aarti said...

A book that really impacted my life (I don't know if it CHANGED it, really) was The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak. Excellent :-)

Thanks for signing up for the Flashback challenge! I look forward to seeing what books you choose to read :-)

(Arya) Paige said...

I think nearly everyhting I read sort of helps me grow as a person. This may sound strange, but the Gemma Doyle Trilogy helped me understand myself and the world around me a bit better. I've gone through some of the same problems as Gemma and reading Libba Brays books gave me a sort of solice in that fact.

Happy Holidays!

kanishk said...

Thirteen Reasons Why reminded me it is on my shelf. I really need to read it....

Work from home India

Yvette said...

I would have to say Anne of Green Gables. I loved that book when I was growing up and still to this day. I think it is apart of me in a way. It captures things I believe in having an imagination, hard work, having good morals.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...