06 January 2009

Audio Book Awesomeness : The Rules of Survival by Nancy Werlin



The first audio books for this blog has to be The Rules of Survival by Nancy Werlin, read by Daniel Passer. I am not one who really enjoys listening to audio books because in my mind the reader can never match what I've imagined. HOWEVER, I must say in the case of The Rules of Survival was a very pleasant surprise. Daniel Passer was almost exactly how I imagined Matthew's voice. I could hear and feel the anxiety and the resolution in his voice and felt as if I was there with him the entire time.


I love the paper copy of this book and I enjoyed the audio version as well. Both versions of the novel are amazing and show how damaging psychological abuse is and how it can progress into something more physical. The mother in the novel is a psychopath, but there are people who truly care about the children and try to help even though everyone fears the mother.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...